Context.IO was a proud sponsor of the Defrag Conference, which was held November, 18-19th in chilly Broomfield, Colorado.
Defrag focuses on internet-based tools that transform information into layers of knowledge. The conference motto is “accelerate the “aha” moment” and that’s exactly what it does. The two days were packed with presentations that explored the frontiers of technology in a variety of arenas like business, government, education, and healthcare. There were in depth and fascinating discussions on cloud computing, APIs, mobile technologies, big data, devops, and the Internet of things.
Those in attendance included developer evangelists, entrepreneurs, business strategists, venture capitalists, engineers, and analysts. It was diverse gathering of people passionate about all types of technology.
The first day featured a number of API related talks that I found extremely interesting. These included:
- Containers Will Do for APIs what APIs Do For Companies by
- , API Evangelist
- “Monkey Selfies and Other Conundrums: Who owns your data?” by
- Driving successful API Program with Data Science by
- of Microsoft
- The Invisible Hand of the API Economy by
Day two featured cool sessions on the cutting edge and frontiers of technology:
- Connecting All The Things (drone, sphero, raspberry pi, phillips hue) to Build a Rube Goldberg Machine by
- Hyper-local Weather: the challenge of doing big data on massively distributed hardware systems by
- How to Predict the Future by
- , author, “
Overall, Defrag is truly one of the best conferences going and we hope to see you there next year!